Taco salad recipe with turkey taco meat, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, black beans, corn, tomatoes and romaine lettuce. Plus instructions on how to store for meal prep.
When I don’t know what to cook for dinner,
- 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or one package storebought)
- 1 cup black beans (from a can; drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup corn kerneals (from a can; drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 handfulls romaine lettuce (or iceberg; washed, dried & cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 1 avocado (peeled & chopped; optional)
- sour cream
- Cook turkey over medium heat in a non-stick pan, breaking it up with a spatula. Cook for 7 or so minutes, until no pink remains.
- Drain the pan from grease or liquid if necessary.
- Add 2/3 cup of water to the pan with the taco seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently until sauce is bubbly and thickened and meat is evenly coated.
Full recipe: TACO SALAD RECIPE